Rubbing ice cubes on face has several instant and long term beauty benefits.
You must have heard about the popular ice facial trend for skin tightening and instant glow. But when you can achieve the same amazing results at home with very little effort then why spend a fortune!
Ice cube massages do not have any side effects. But right technique and few precautions are to be kept in mind while applying ice cubes since are delicate capillaries under our skin and too much freezing pressure can harm them.
- Never fix ice cubes on one area, keep rubbing in gentle circular motions.
- Do not use ice cubes directly, wrap them in a clean muslin/soft cloth.
- Use clean filtered drinking water not tap water.
- Apply on a cleansed face with clean hands.
- Apply moisturizer few minutes after the skin absorbs ice water.
Benefits of rubbing ice cubes on face
Prevents wrinkles and premature ageing
Ice cube massage improves blood circulation thereby preventing wrinkles. After washing the face, rub an ice cube for 2-3 minutes twice daily. With consistent application you will notice the skin getting firm and smoother.
Soothes inflamed skin
Rubbing ice cubes in gentle circular motion will soothe redness and burning sensation caused by sun exposure, threading or waxing.
For healing acne and pimples
keep an ice cube wrapped in a soft clean cloth on a pimple for few minutes, do this several times a day. The redness around it will reduce, it will shrink and heal quickly. Do not use this cloth on other areas of the face as it will be infected by keeping on the pimples.
If you do not have active pimples but oily acne prone skin then you can rub an ice cube all over the face to reduce excess oil that cause pimples.
Shrinks large pores
Open pores cause various skin troubles such as pimples, pre-mature aging and wrinkles. Ice cube massage will shrink large pores resulting in healthier and youthful skin.
As makeup primer
Rub an ice cube for few minutes before applying makeup. Your make up will look flawless and smooth as ice cube acts as a good natural toner.
To reduce puffiness under eyes
To instantly reduce puffiness apply an ice cube on eyes for 2-3 minutes. Consistent application will reduce dark circles and wrinkles too.
Under eye skin is very delicate so be gentle around the eyes and always cover ice cube while applying.
For instant/ natural glow
Rub an ice cube for 4-5 minutes, apply a moisturizer after the skin absorbs ice water. Your skin will radiate naturally.
Clear water ice cubes are quite beneficial for skin by themselves. But adding few natural ingredients will provide nourishment with essential vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
10 best ingredients for ice cube facials are
- Mixed berries- Take handful of berries and blend them. Put the puree in an ice tray to freeze. Rub when your anti-aging ice cubes are ready. Let the ingredients penetrate for few minutes in the skin before applying moisturizer.
- Aloe-vera – Use fresh aloe vera gel to make ice cubes. Its amazing skin healing properties will soothe inflammation and replenish the skin.
- Green tea– Its rich in anti-oxidants and act as a great toner for oily skin. Brew green tea, let it cool down. Fill up the ice tray and freeze.
- Cucumber– Grate and squeeze cucumber to take out its juice. Make ice cubes and rub them for flawless dewy skin.
- Rose water– Rose water is a natural astringent, great for oily skin. Dilute 3 tbsp of rose water with 1 tbsp clear water.
- Milk – Lactic acid in milk nourishes delicate under eye skin and reduces puffiness.
- Turmeric– Great for acne prone skin as turmeric has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Mix a tsp of turmeric powder with a bowl of water and make ice cubes. Be careful while using it around the eyes.
- Watermelon- watermelon is rich in lycopene and amino acids essential for skin. Either juice few watermelon chunks or simply put small cubes in an ice tray. Rub watermelon ice cubes to nourish and freshen up your skin instantly.
- Papaya– Papaya is another amazing fruit for skin. Slice it into small squares or make puree. Freeze and apply.
- Coffee- Components in coffee are splendid for skin rejuvenation. Brew 1 tbsp coffee in one cup water, let it cool down. Pour in ice tray and use when the cubes are ready.
You can use various natural ingredients to nourish the skin with ice cubes just be mindful of the few cautions mentioned above. Do not over use ice cubes, twice a day for 2-3 minutes is sufficient.
You can also comment and share your favorite ice cube facial recipe below with our readers!
Related posts–Gram flour remedies for all skin types.